Monday, July 14, 2008

Spinach Strawberry Salad

I had this at a family cook out recently and it appeared mostly raw. My aunt gave me the recipe and I only had to tweak it a little bit.
Salad
1 bag baby spinach 
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1/2-3/4 cup walnuts

Poppyseed Dressing
1 vidalia onion, chopped 
1/3-1/2 cup agave nectar (adjust to desired sweetness)
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (Fresh lemon juice would probably be very yummy too)
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1 tsp salt

3/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds.

Add first five dressing ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil to elmulsify.  Turn off blender and add poppyseeds. Pulse once or twice just to mix in.
I used part spinach and part rainbow chard for the salad since I've been getting a ton of it from our CSA.



No comments: